Innovation Station is the realization of the dreams of Maureen Bruss to open her own child care center. Maureen Bruss has over 30 years of child care experience ; beginning with Grandma's House in Wauwatosa and Brookfield and at New Berlin Child Care (Bright Horizons) before opening her own center.
Innovation Station Child Care LLC opened in Brookfield on August 26, 2009 and is licenced to care for 64 children from 6 weeks to 12 years of age.
On August 15, 2011 Innovation Station Calhoun opened. The center located in New Berlin is licsensed for 85 children from 6 weeks to 12 years of age. The center has two infant rooms and two toddler rooms allowing for children to be with children that are at the same stage in development.
The staff of Innovation Station has over 50 years of child care experience, one Master's degree, and nine Bachelor's degrees, six of those in elementary education. The staff also has earned four Associate's degrees. Continuing education of staff is key at Innovation Station, three staff members are working towards their administrators credential and another is working on the Infant Care credential.
All staff members are trained in CPR and First Aid and have been trained in Shaken Baby Syndrome as well as Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention.
Maureen Bruss - Owner/Director
Sarah Kleats - Program Coordinator
Tom Bruss - Owner/Support Staff
Sean Bruss - New Berlin and Brookfield Cook
Recalls and Safety
- Deezo Children's Hooded Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Recalled by Zulily Due to Strangulation Hazard
- The Land of Nod Recalls Plush Dollies Due to Choking Hazard
- Children's Apparel Network Recalls Girl's Clothing Sets; Waist Belt Poses Risk of Entrapment
- Reed and Barton Recalls Gingham Bunny Forks and Spoons for Babies Due to Choking and Ingestion Hazards
- Infant and Children's Dungarees Recalled by J.P. Boden Due to Choking Hazard